Did you know? Your home’s plumbing system sums up for 15% of your entire property’s value? Now, that is quite some figure and an investment to make.
A finely functioning plumbing system helps you get access to fresh and clean water and pay close attention to hygiene as well. The best way to maintain your pipelines from inside out is to hire Plumbing Enfield services. But, there is a lot that must be done, on your own too.
A smoothly running plumbing system has a bunch of perks like;
- A convenient lifestyle
- Access to clean water boosts your hygiene, and your family’s too
- It is important for great well-being and health
- Adding water saving devices to your plumbing system can boost your home’s energy saving.
As a homeowner, it is your duty to keep a close eye on your home’s plumbing system and keep it well-maintained. Poor pipelines will result in a great decrease in your property’s value. Also, it will become a hindrance for your daily home chores as water access will become problematic.
Thus, there are certainly a lot of reasons that will boost you to hire professional plumbing enfield services. But at the same time, it should motivate you to take care of your plumbing system on your own as well.
Home Plumbing Maintenance; A Checklist that makes it all better
Majority of people do not give a thought to their plumbing system, until and unless a problem surfaces. By then, the mess has turned into a huge one and you will have to invest a lot in hiring plumbing enfield repair experts. Although this will solve the problem for you. But frequent breakdowns will demand for a lot of investment which can be impossible for a lot of people to make.
Thus, the best way is to maintain your plumbing system accurately and avoid the mess.
Daily Maintenance Checklist
There are a few things that can be done daily to contribute to the maintenance of your plumbing systems.
- Avoid putting food waste down the drain. It is best to take all the garbage and leftover food from plates and bowls and throw it in the dustbin. Banana peels, potato peels and leftover food can go down the drain and clog drains.
- Let cold water run through your sinks for the first 10 seconds.
- It is best to run your dishwasher during the night. It helps you in conserving hot water and also maintain a great water pressure, all along the day.
- In the bathroom, you must be very concerned about what goes down the flush. Only human waste and toilet paper can be flushed. Do not try flushing tampons down there. It will cause huge clogs.
- If you and your siblings are sharing the bathroom; take a 10 minute break between showers so that the water pressure is not disrupted.
- Do not use chemical products to remove debris or unclog drains in the bathroom.
- Do not throw oils down your bathroom drains. And keep screens attached to them, in order to keep hair out.
Weekly Maintenance Checklist
The above mentioned tips can be used regularly, on a daily basis to keep the pipelines healthy. They are very simple, daily things that one just has to avoid. On a weekly basis, you must go a little deeper.
- It is very important to check for possible leakages. Inspect the sinks and look for a weird smell, mold growth and water marks. If any, call plumbing enfield experts to look into the issue.
- Check your sinks and shower drains, to inspect the water flow and pressure around the house. If bubbles are appearing, during water drain, it is a sign of slow water drainage.
- Look at the faucets, water shouldn’t be pouring out of the valves.
- Don’t forget to clean the lint traps on your washing machine.
Lastly, for seasonal maintenance, it is best to hire a team of plumbing enfield experts. They will inspect your pipelines and drains deeply and look for any possible dilemma that might arise in some time.
It will help you in addressing the issue right away, without a larger mess. We highly recommend Waterworks Plumbing Winchmore Hill for your maintenance needs. They are experts in looking after pipelines and drains and repairing them to perfection.