Many Netgear extender users are in chaos these days that why their Netgear extender is not working. If you are also facing the Netgear extender not working issue, then have a nudge on this post to get rid of the problem in a jiffy.
Before you try any hack, just check whether your device is having access to Netgear_ext. If yes, then all you need to do is reboot your Netgear extender and you’re good to go. Just in case you find no access to the SSID of your Netgear extender, you need to manually make changes to some settings for getting the issue fixed. Let’s get started!
How to Fix Netgear Extender Not Working Issue?
- Check the Hardware
Make sure the hardware you are using to enjoy seamless internet connectivity throughout your house is not damaged. If any of the parts of your extender or router is damaged, you would not be able to make your Netgear extender work again.
You also need to have a tab on the antennas connected to your WiFi devices.
- Cross-check Cable Connections
You may also find yourself struggling with the Netgear extender not working issue if there is some issue with the cables connecting your devices. Thus, check the cables and ensure that there is no cut on them.
Apart from that, you need to ensure that the cables are connected to the ports of your router and extender accurately.
- Verify Power Supply
Ensure that the socket you selected for your extender is offering adequate and fluctuation-free power. If there is some glitch in the power supply, either fix the current socket or plug the adapter of your Netgear extender into a different wall socket.
- Check for IP Conflict
Netgear extender not working issue can also arise if your extender’s IP 192.168.1.250 is conflicting with your system’s IP.
Therefore, check the same and ensure that there is no IP conflict between your devices.
- Relocate Your Extender
Have you ever thought of placing your extender in the central area of your home? No? Plan it now! Placing your extender in the center most location of your home allows you to enjoy uninterrupted WiFi range equally in all areas of your home.
FYI, if you have placed the device in a far corner, under a thing to hide it, or inside a cabinet, then also your Netgear extender will not work.
- Keep Interference Away
Users can experience Netgear extender not working issue if the device is placed too close to things emitting radio waves. Hence, you need to place your extender away from Bluetooth speakers, microwave ovens, refrigerators, baby monitors, etc.
Apart from all these things, you also need to ensure that your extender is not located near things like fish tanks, metal appliances, aluminum studs, reflexive surfaces, etc.
- Reconfigure Your Netgear Extender
Improper or partial configuration of the device can also be the reason why your Netgear extender is not working. In that case, you need to restore the settings of your Netgear extender to default settings and then reinstall the device from scratch. Here’s how.
Steps to Restore Netgear Extender to Factory Settings
- Start by disconnecting your Netgear extender from all other devices.
- Ensure that your device is plugged into a working power socket and the power LED on it is glowing green.
- Now, press the Reset button on your extender.
In a while, your Netgear extender will return to its factory settings.
Steps to Reconfigure Netgear Extender
- Establish a firm connection between your extender and home router using an Ethernet cable.
- Once done, plug the power adapter of the extender into a wall outlet and turn on the power button.
- Soon you will find the LED light on your Netgear extender has started glowing.
- Next, get access to your PC and access mywifiext local web address.
Note: If your system is MAC or iOS-supported then only mywifiext local will work for you. For those who own Windows-supported devices, mywifiext.net is the address to be used.
- Hit the Enter key to dive onto the login page of your Netgear extender.
- Type in the default details and this will reveal the web interface of your extender.
- Follow the instructions appearing on your device’s screen to reconfigure your range extender.
In a Nutshell
Here ends our guide on fixing the Netgear extender not working issue. We hope that the tips given in the post will bring you success.