Today a customer’s experience with a brand decides whether or not they would survive in the market for long. It begins from marketing reach to the quality of the product and the payment mode; everything counts in for describing the experience. With the changing trends in technology, merchants and businesses are quickly offering a swift payment gateway to the customers and making their shopping experience easier.
Card Swipe Machine is a fantastic payment method introduced for merchants that keeps them at ease when the customer arrives at the checkout step. Nobody seems to like carrying bundles of cash in their wallet. The digital payment method has won people’s hearts. While shopping in retail outlets, electronic stores, grocery stores, etc., they prefer to make payments via UPI or debit/credit cards. In addition to that, merchants are now offering EMI without a credit card option through their point of sale payment mechanism. Hence, the Card machine has turned out to be a savior.
To understand what a Card Swipe machine is and its functioning, continue to read down the lines.
What is a Card Swipe Machine?
Card Swipe Machine refers to a swiping device that operates by helping make transactions through the debit or credit card. These transaction cards have a magnetic chip on one side which is usually swiped on the machine. Hence, the technology reads the card and helps the customer make payment by entering their Personal Identification Number or PIN.
There are different car swiping machines available in the market based on the need of a merchant, such as an atm card swiping machine, card wiping machine for sale, and many more. As a retail store owner or merchant, understand that an atm swipe machine price could differ from other swipe machines based on what function it would perform.
Today, a store owner has the freedom to offer a barcode scanning machine along with a card swiping machine, making the customer’s interaction with the brand much more positive. While customers can quickly look for options like EMI without a credit card, the affordability level has improved even if the income status isn’t much higher.
Hence, retailers and store owners believe in participating in digitalizing payments through card swiping machines. Let’s figure out how these Card swiping machines actually work?
The Functioning of Card Swiping Machine
Using a magnetic swiping machine or card swiping machine isn’t rocket science but just a few easy steps of how it turns out to be in the end:
- Once you have your ATM swipe machine, you need to have the customer’s card swiped in the machine. The physical contact enables the owner to make the payment through a particular gateway. However, new technology has made it possible for the user to tap the card just once on the machine.
- After swiping the card, it reads the information and transfers the data to a network that requires a wireless connection to the internet and electronic system. The internet connection makes it viable for the machine to share relevant information about the card to the gateway to process the amount and transaction.
- The next step is for the network system to verify the card and look for the card’s details, like its inactivity or balance, to know whether or not the owner would be able to make the payment and the payment amount.
- Then comes the following method, where the card owner would have to enter his details like the PIN to initiate a transaction. It is for security purposes to match the details, which is probably the bank’s way of keeping the cardholder’s information secure.
- Once the transaction is completed, the screen reflects, and one gets a notification from the bank about the payment deduction. If someone’s opting for EMI without a credit card, these POS machines will offer them options about the payment duration, interest, etc.
Even though these methods are straightforward, knowing how the POS card swiping machine is set up to perform the entire transaction method is essential. Once it is clear how to perform the steps, the whole digital payment scenario becomes a cakewalk, and there is no more cash counter hassle for the customers to bear.