If your existing router is not giving you the expected WiFi speed throughout your home, then you might consider getting a TP Link WiFi range extender. Setting up a TP Link extender using tplinkrepeater.net login web address will help you enjoy the seamless internet connectivity even in those areas of your home where WiFi was never seen before, e.g. kitchen, balcony, backyard or store room.
Here, in this article, we’re going to shed light on the TP Link extender setup process. You can use the extender setup instructions provided in this piece of writing for any TP Link extender model you have.
Let’s dive in!
How to Set up TP Link WiFi Extender?
Though there are 3 different methods to set up a TP Link WiFi range extender, you can use any one of them according to your comfort:
- WPS Method
- Manual Method
- TP Link Tether App
Let’s make you familiar with all the TP Link extender setup methods one-by-one:
TP Link Extender Setup: The WPS Method
Although the WPS method is one of the simplest methods to install a TP Link device, it is suggested to give this method a try only if your WiFi range extender and router both support the WPS feature:
- Place your WiFi range extender and router in close proximity.
- Power up your TP Link device and router. Ensure to provide them a steady power supply.
- Let the power LED on the extender become stable.
- Locate the WPS button on your TP Link extender.
- Once found, press it.
- Then, locate and press the WPS button on your router as well.
- The WPS button on your TP Link extender will start blinking. Fab! This indicates that the TP Link extender has successfully been configured using the WPS method.
Now, access the TP Link repeater login page and change the extender’s default username and password and settings as per your preferences
TP Link Extender Setup: The Manual Method
Just in case, your existing router doesn’t support the WPS feature, try the manual method in order to configure the range extender without any hassle. So, without much delay, let’s get started, shall we?
Plugin your TP Link WiFi extender and router to working wall outlets. Make sure to plug them in reach of each other.
Once you’re done, power them on.
Next, connect your TP Link extender and router using an Ethernet cable. Make sure to use a non-damaged Ethernet cable. A wireless connection can also be used to connect your devices. But, do not use public or free hotspot for TP Link extender setup process.
- Power on your PC or laptop.
- Launch a web browser of your choice.
- Type tplinkrepeater in the URL bar of the internet browser.
- Hit the Enter key.
- TP Link repeater login page will display.
- Enter the TP Link extender’s default username and password.
- Click Log In.
- Follow the on-screen TP Link extender setup instructions and complete the process on the fly.
Bonus: To make the most out of your range extender, it is suggested to update its firmware on a regular basis (whenever available). For TP Link firmware upgrade instructions, drop us a line into the comments section.
If you don’t want to use the manual method to set up your WiFi range extender, use the TP Link Tether app. For this, follow the instructions outlined below.
TP Link Extender Setup Using Tether App
- First things first, download the TP Link Tether app.
- Once the TP Link Tether app gets installed, follow the instructions given on-screen and complete the installation process of your WiFi range extender with great ease.
Just in case, you fail to go through the TP Link Tether app on-screen instructions, shoot all your queries right away.
We hope that after following the TP Link extender setup instructions mentioned in this article, you will be able to boost your existing WiFi signals. Please share you feedback with us. And, during setting up your range extender using any one of the methods listed above, you need TP Link troubleshooting tips, without much delay – let us know.