If you own a Netgear WiFi extender and are facing an issue while accessing the Netgear login page, then, you don’t need to worry. Here, we have come up with some basic hacks to troubleshoot the www.mywifiext.net not working issue. Just have a look in the below section.
Reboot Your Range Extender
You can try to resolve the www.mywifiext.net not working issue by rebooting your Netgear WiFi extender. For power cycling:
- First, you need to turn off your WiFi extender.
- Then, disconnect it from the power source.
- Wait for some time and re-connect it to the power source.
- Turn on your Netgear WiFi extender.
- Now, try accessing the Netgear WiFi extender login page and see if it works.
Check Your Cable Connections
If the connection between your devices is loose, then you may not be able to access the Netgear WiFi extender login page. You are required to check for the connections and also make sure that the cable you are using doesn’t have any wear or tear. If you find any damage, then switch to a new cable right away. Else, you’ll face other technical issues.
Upgrade Your Internet Browser
Using an outdated version of your Internet browser can also restrict you to access the Netgear extender login page. The Netgear WiFi extender firmware only supports the latest version of the Internet browser. Therefore, you need to update your internet browser or try using a different updated internet browser. Moreover, you are required to remove the unwanted files from the Internet browser such as cache and cookies.
Use Correct Netgear Login URL
Always be careful while entering the Netgear login URL in the address bar. Even a small mistake in the URL can cause trouble.
Additionally, if you use a Mac operating system, then www.mywifiext.net will not work for you. You need to use mywifiext.local to access the Netgear login page from your MAC device.
Position Your WiFi Extender at Ideal Place
You are required to position your Netgear WiFi extender far from objects which use radio frequency such as refrigerators, microwaves, cordless phones, or other smart home devices. These kinds of devices can disrupt the WiFi signals and restrict users from accessing the Netgear login page. Additionally, place your Netgear WiFi range extender within the range of your WiFi router.
Try Disabling Proxy, Ad-Blocking, and Firewall
You can temporarily disable the proxy, ad-blocking, and firewall apps on your device. These kinds of apps can cause trouble while accessing the Netgear login page. After disabling, you might be able to access the Netgear WiFi extender login page.
These are some troubleshoot solutions through which you can fix www.mywifiext.net not working issue.
Have you heard a popular saying ‘Prevention is better than cure’. So, its better to avoid this kind of issue by updating your Netgear Wifi extender firmware time to time. Here, are the steps for upgrading your Netgear WiFi extender firmware.
Update Netgear Extender Firmware
Maybe you are using an old version of your Netgear firmware. It can be one of the reasons for getting the Netgear login page not working issue. To fix the problem, you need to update your Netgear WiFi extender firmware to its latest version. Here, we are providing you with the information to update the firmware of your Netgear WiFi extender.
- First and foremost, you need to turn on your WiFi extender and your computer.
- On your computer system, open an internet browser.
- Important Note: Always prefer to use an updated version of an Internet Browser.
- Go to the address bar and enter Netgear login URL.
- Press the Enter Key.
- Then, you are required to enter the default username and password of your Netgear WiFi extender and hit the Log In button.
- Once you are logged in, you will view a Netgear WiFi extender setup wizard.
- Browse your cursor to the Advanced Setup.
- Under Advanced setup, click on the Administration option.
- In the Administration option, click on the Firmware update.
- Then, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Firmware update process.
Hopefully, with the help of the above information, you can resolve the Netgear URL not working issue. If you find this information useful, just let us know by commenting below in the comment section.