If you are looking for a way to access a blazing-fast and seamless internet connection, then it is highly advised that you perform Netgear Nighthawk router setup in your home. Setting up a wireless router will help you access the internet in every damn corner of your house, even the dead zones.
Now, you might be wondering how to configure a Netgear WiFi router. If yes, then walk through this article. Here, we have explained two different methods through which you can easily install a router in your home. So, stop waiting, and read on.
Methods to Perform Netgear Nighthawk Setup
Mentioned below are the two methods that will help you perform Netgear Nighthawk router setup:
- Via Manual Method
- Using the Nighthawk App
By the time you are done reading this post, you can choose any of these methods to set up your Netgear Nighthawk router.
How to Set Up Netgear Nighthawk Router Manually?
Here are the steps that will help you configure your Netgear Nighthawk wireless router using the Manual method:
- Start by undoing your wireless device.
- Once done, plug the Netgear router into a working wall outlet.
- Press the Power button.
- Wait for the LED to turn green.
- Once the LED becomes green, connect your router and the existing modem.
- You have the choice of connecting your devices both wirelessly and using a cable.
- Once a successful connection between your WiFi devices has been established, turn on your computer or laptop.
- Open an updated web browser on your system.
- In its address bar, type www.routerlogin.net, and press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the Netgear Nighthawk router login page.
- Fill in the default login credentials and click Log In.
- The Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will come into view.
- Follow the on-screen instructions displayed on the Netgear Genie dashboard.
In this manner, you’ll easily be able to perform Netgear Nighthawk router setup manually.
How to Set Up Netgear Router Using Nighthawk App?
Follow the guidelines outlined below and learn how to perform Netgear Nighthawk router setup using the Nighthawk application:
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Go to the Google Play Store if you are using an Android device.
- Go to the App Store if you are using an iOS mobile device.
- In the search bar, type Netgear Nighthawk App, and tap the Search icon.
- From the displayed results, select the Nighthawk application.
- Tap Download.
- Wait patiently for the app to get installed.
- Once the Nighthawk app gets installed, create a Netgear account.
- Use your full name, email address, and password to create a Netgear account.
- Then, log in to your router by using the default Nighthawk router login details.
- Tap Log In.
- The BASIC Home screen will come into view.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
If you follow these guidelines carefully, nothing can stop you from performing Netgear router setup using the Nighthawk app.
Keep the following points in mind while configuring your Netgear Nighthawk router:
- Make sure that your router is receiving an adequate as well as a fluctuation-free power supply from the wall socket.
- If you have connected your Nighthawk router and the existing modem with the help of an Ethernet cable, ensure that it isn’t worn out or damaged from anywhere.
- Clear the cache, cookies, and browsing history of your web browser before using it to log in to your Nighthawk router.
- If routerlogin.net doesn’t work for you, then it is recommended that you consider using the default 192.168.1.1 default IP address.
- If you are not sure regarding the default username and password of your Netgear Nighthawk router, feel free to refer to the user manual.
The Final Thoughts
This was all about how you can perform Netgear Nighthawk router setup using the Manual method and Nighthawk app. We hope that the steps mentioned in this article will help you configure a router. Now, you are free to access a lag-free internet connection in every nook and cranny of your home.