Are you simply fed up of the bad performance of your existing wireless device? If you are nodding your head in yes, then do not even think about bringing a new router home. Instead, go for a mesh solution that has more than one node. Do you know what that solution is? Well, it is performing Linksys Velop setup.
The Linksys Velop mesh WiFi extender gives you the privilege to place nodes in the dead zones of your home like the backyard and hallways. Although performing Linksys Velop setup is no rocket science, however, many users face issues during the process.
If you are amongst those users, worry not. In this article, we have mentioned the steps that will help you configure the Linksys Velop extender in a matter of minutes. So, read on.
Before Getting Started
Make sure that you have the below-mentioned things ready before you get started with the process of Linksys Velop setup:
- A blazing-fast and lag-free internet connection.
- The Linksys app should be installed on your device.
- Current Linksys Velop network with a parent node
Once you have these things ready, follow the guidelines mentioned below and learn how to perform Linksys Velop setup.
How to Perform Linksys Velop Setup?
Pro Tip: Make sure that you are using the latest version of the Linksys application.
- Open the Linksys app on your mobile device.
- Make sure that your mobile device is fully charged to avoid facing technical issues during the process of Linksys Velop setup.
- Once assured, tap the Log In button.
- Enter your email address and password into their respective fields.
Note: If you are not sure regarding the default username and password of your Linksys router, it is recommended that you refer to the user manual.
- Tap Enter.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will get redirected to the dashboard of Linksys Velop mesh WiFi extender.
- Tap the Menu option.
- A list of options will appear on your screen.
- Next, tap the ‘Set up a New Product’ option.
- Select the option that reads ‘To extend my WiFi with a new child node’.
- The following screen will ask you to enable Bluetooth. So, do as required.
- Carefully read the terms and conditions displayed on the screen.
- As soon as you are done, tap the Next button.
- Plug the Linksys Velop extender into the wall outlet and turn it on.
- Tap Next.
- Wait for some time as the app will start the new mode.
- You will be asked whether you are seeing a purple light.
- If you are seeing a purple light issue, hit the ‘Yes’ option. Chances are that there are some issues with your Linksys Velop extender.
- The Linksys Velop app will take some time to add the node to your WiFi system.
- Once done, give a name to the node. You can also choose a name from the provided list of options of names.
By following these instructions, you will easily be able to perform Linksys Velop setup.
In the Nutshell
And that is it! Your node has successfully been added to the Velop mesh WiFi system. In order to complete Linksys Velop setup, all you need to do is, tap the Next button. If you want to add another node to the Velop system, it is recommended that you tap the ‘Add Note’ button and go through the exact same instructions mentioned above.
We hope that after following these instructions, you will easily be able to configure a mesh Velop Linksys extender. If you liked reading this article, do let us know via the comment section. We would love to know that we could be of some help to you.