Enjoy more spare time while your home sparkles
Let’s be honest: after a hard day at work and taking care of the kids, the last thing you want to do is clean your kitchen or toilet. Then why not have someone else do it? Follow these professional suggestions to locate a home cleaning in Dublin that you won’t be able to live without.
1. Recognize What to Search For
Look for someone with experience and who is receptive to guidance and feedback when hiring a housekeeper for the first time. Because the cleaner will be in your house, it is essential to select someone reputable and trustworthy, such as Dublin’s Eco Clean Solutions Cleaning Company.
You should also confirm that the cleaner’s timetable is compatible with yours; they definitely shouldn’t arrive during family dinner or when you host your book club.
2. Solicit Recommendations and Read Opinions
Request referrals from friends, family, neighbours, and coworkers. You may also utilise web sites to research consumer testimonials. Talk to at least three different house cleaning firms or individual cleaners to choose who would best suit your property and needs.
3. Interview the service provider or housekeeper.
Ideally, you should speak with the person who will clean your home. With larger cleaning businesses, though, you will likely speak with a person who handles new clients. Prepare a list of questions to ask a home cleaning regardless of the path you select.
- How many years of cleaning experience do you have?
- Who is responsible for the supply of cleaning materials?
- What types of cleaning materials are employed?
- What assurances do you provide, and do you have insurance?
- What are the prices?
- Do you charge by the hour or per service? What can you typically achieve in three hours if you are paid hourly?
- Do you provide services on a weekly, biweekly, or monthly basis?
- What dates and hours do you have available for our house?
- What are your service terms? (i.e., regulations or fees for service modifications or cancellations)
- Do you have client references that I may contact?
- Will a single cleaner or many cleaners be present? Will it always remain the same crew?
- Do you provide one-time cleaning services, such as a deep spring cleaning or an additional session before a particular occasion, such as a party?
- What further services do you provide?
4. Demand a background check and verify liabilities.
Your housekeeper will have access to your private area and will be in close proximity to your family, so be sure they are trustworthy and dependable. Inquire whether the cleaning service does background checks on its personnel and has liability insurance. If at all feasible, the agreement should be in writing and should include specifics concerning obligations such as property damage and on-site injuries.
In most instances, a specialised licence is not required to become a domestic housekeeper.
5. Create Your Contract
Once you have chosen a cleaning service, describe the terms of your agreement. Determine the frequency of their visits, the services or hours provided, and the cost.
Include a list of the rooms, floors, and things to be cleaned. Discuss any unique aspects of your house, such as treasured dishes to dust or new flooring that requires special care. Take a tour of your home and make note of any specifics you wish to convey to the cleaner.
You may desire to include this in a contract if you’re dealing with a cleaning service. If the cleaner is an individual, you may feel secure without an explicit contract.
Most maid services require a couple of weeks’ notice before their initial visit, so get on their schedule as soon as possible if you need assistance with cleaning and organising over the Christmas season.
6. Know what their responsibilities are and what your job is.
When your house cleaners arrive, you want them to be able to concentrate on cleaning surfaces and areas, rather than rearranging your belongings or clearing your kitchen counter.
Knowing what to do before to your house cleaner’s arrival allows you to maximise their time and assure their comfort. Here are some tasks to complete before your cleaner arrives:
- Place jewels, valuables, and fragile objects in a secure location.
- Remove messes from the area where your cleaner will be working.
- Most home cleaners will not wash your dishes, but they will want to cleanse your sink and counters.
How Much Does It Cost to Employ a Maid Service?
Depending on where you live and the size and condition of your property, hiring a house cleaning like ECO CLEAN SOLUTIONS costs between €121 and €236 each visit. Homeowners normally pay between €10 to €51 per hour for a cleaner; but, deeper cleans and one-time appointments, such as move-out cleaning services, may cost more.