QuickBooks File Doctor is a repairing tool used to fix the error while working on the QuickBooks software. These tools can be integrated and built-in only in 2016 and the later versions of QuickBooks. It can detect the issues or errors and then resolve them automatically from your software. This is a blend of network and company file diagnostic tools. If you want to know more about this tool then read this article till the end and also note how you can set up QuickBooks file doctor to fix company file errors.
- If you want to install the latest version of QuickBooks file doctor then uninstall the previous version first.
- It is recommended to use the external file doctor tool, the post-2015 QuickBooks comes with an inbuilt file doctor tool.
- Only for Windows version users, the file doctor is accessible with all QuickBooks Desktops.
- This tool will appear automatically if any errors occur on your system. Just click on the start tab.
Below are the following list of errors or issues that can be resolved by using the file doctor of QuickBooks on your system. Follow the below-mentioned errors:-
- Network issues
- QB error code -6000 -305
- Installation errors
- Error in updating QuickBooks
- Firewall port poorly configured
- Multi-user mode errors
- Damaged company files
- 6000 series errors
- Data corruption errors
- Malware attack hard drive
- H series error
- QuickBooks Error H202
- QB Error code H505
There are two different types of file doctors on the official site of Intuit are:-
- Stand-alone version
- In-built version
This can be only used by the server that has activated the QuickBooks database server manager. The purpose of this is for hosting and connectivity.
The in-built version of QBFD is only available in QuickBook Desktop 2016 and later. In these versions of QuickBooks, you can get the in-built versions.
There are two different ways to download file doctor QuickBooks. Below we mentioned the type and methods to download, so follow all the steps correctly:-
- Initially, you have to close all the running windows related to QuickBooks.
- Then, visit the official website of Intuit and download the QuickBooks file doctor.
- Now, when the downloading process is done then click on setup.
- If prompted, tap on the yes.
- After that, the installation process will start.
- To complete the installation process, you have to follow all the instructions that appear on your screen.
- First of all, you have to download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub (18.104.22.168).
- So, go to the official website of Intuit and download the tool hub.
- Then, when the tool hub is downloaded and installed on your system then launch it.
- After that, go to the company file tab.
- Then, tap on the QuickBooks file doctor.
- Search for the company file that has issues or errors.
- Now, choose the file and the scanning process starts.
- If there is any issue then it will display on your screen.
- Then, click on the Repair button to fix the error.
Follow the below steps to resolve the company file issues in QuickBooks Desktop by using the QuickBooks file doctor:-
- Firstly, close QuickBooks windows.
- Now, download the latest version of the tool hub (22.214.171.124). And save it where you can easily access the file.
- If you already have a Tool hub on your system then verify the version you have. If you have an older version then update it to the latest version.
- Then, open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow all the instructions that appear on your screen and install it.
- When the installation is over then open the tool hub.
- First of all, select the company file issues.
- Then choose the Quick Fix my File.
- Now, Click on Ok when it is complete and launch.
- Open the tool hub and choose the company file issue.
- Now, select the Run QuickBooks File Doctor. It will open in one minute. If it does not open then search for it and open it manually.
- Then, choose the company file from the drop-down menu. If you don’t see the file then search for it.
- After that, verify your file and tap on continue.
- Now, enter your QuickBooks admin and password then click on Next.
- Lastly, the scanning time will totally depend on the file size. Maximum it will take 5 minutes. When scanning is complete then open QuickBooks and your company file.
If you open a company file from QB desktop 2011 or older then you have two options:-
- Open the file in a newer version of QuickBooks- it will open the company file in 2011 or later QuickBooks.
- Repair the file in your existing version- it will repair the company file for your version.
In the above, we discuss the setup of QuickBooks File doctor to fix the company file issues. We hope that all the information will be helpful for you and cover all the details that are essential. If you have any issues then check out our other posts you will find every detail related to your problem. Hope that all the posts will be productive and enlightening for you.