Netgear Nighthawk app allows you to control your home WiFi network from any corner of the world. You can also secure your wireless network by creating a guest network using the Nighthawk application. However, along with these benefits, this app is also prone to certain issues. And one such issue is the Nighthawk app not working.
Users all across the globe are complaining about how the app refuses to work properly. Are you experiencing the same difficulties? If you answered yes, then keep reading to learn how to resolve it.
Steps to Fix Nighthawk App Not Working Issue
- Have a Fast Internet Connection
The most common reason why your Netgear Nighthawk app ceases to work properly is because of a weak internet connection. Thus, make sure your device has access to a flawless and high-speed internet connection.
Also, if you are using a mobile device, check whether your data plan needs to get renewed or not. Sometimes, an expired data plan can make you face the Nighthawk app not working issue. To get rid of the issue, it is advised that you renew your data plan.
- Scan Your Device
If your Netgear Nighthawk app still isn’t working properly, then chances are that your device has a virus. Therefore, download an antivirus application on your device to exterminate the virus. Now, check whether you’re still facing the same issue. If yes, then keep reading.
- Set Your Extender in AP Mode
Setting up your Netgear WiFi extender in AP mode can also help you troubleshoot the issue at hand. Follow the below-mentioned steps to set up your WiFi device in AP mode:
- First of all, log into the extender by using any of your WiFi-enabled devices.
- Go to Settings > Advanced. Select Advanced Setup > Extender AP mode.
If you follow these instructions carefully, you’ll be able to set up your Netgear extender in AP mode without facing any unnecessary issues.
- Disable LTE Connection
If you’re using a smartphone like Android or iPhone, make sure that your LTE connection is disabled. This will assist you in resolving the issue with the Netgear Nighthawk app not working.
The following are the methods to disabling the LTE connection:
If you’ve got an iPhone, you should:
Open the Settings app after unlocking your phone.
If you have an iOS device:
- Unlock your smartphone and navigate to the Settings menu.
- Select Cellular > Cellular Data.
- Turn off the ‘Enable LTE’ option and launch the Nighthawk app.
If you have an Android device:
- On your Android, go to Settings and select Network & Internet.
- Go to Data Usage and deactivate Mobile Data. Now, open the Netgear Nighthawk application.
What happened? Is your Netgear Nighthawk app still not working? Well, that’s probably because your WiFi extender is in Bridge mode.
- Turn Off the Bridge Mode
Check whether your extender is in Bridge mode. If it is, now you know why your Netgear Nighthawk app isn’t working; it doesn’t support your extender in Bridge mode. To get rid of the issue, it is recommended that you turn off Bridge mode and try using the Nighthawk app again:
- Visit www.mywifiext.net.
- Enter the default username and password and hit Log In.
- The Netgear Nighthawk extender setup will appear.
- Navigate to Advanced > Advanced Setup > Wireless Bridge.
- Once the Wireless Bridge page appears, uncheck the Enable Bridge Mode.
In this manner, you’ll successfully be able to turn off the Bridge mode on your Netgear extender.
Conclusion This is was all about how to troubleshoot the Netgear Nighthawk not working issue. If the steps mentioned in this post helped you fix the issue, then feel free to drop a word of appreciation in the comments section below.