Linksys Velop is one of the best WiFi mesh systems that increases the existing WiFi signals, providing complete wireless coverage all over your house. However, like any other WiFi device, Linksys Velop is also vulnerable to technical issues. And the most common issue experienced by every user across the globe is “Linksys Velop keeps disconnecting”.
If you are also one of those who are experiencing the same issue, this post has got your back. In this troubleshooting post, we will provide you quick fixes to get rid of the Linksys Velop keeps disconnecting issue. Continue reading!
Why am I Facing Linksys Velop Keeps Disconnecting Issue?
There are a couple of reasons causing the Linksys extender keeps disconnecting issue. Have a quick look at them:
- Signal interference from other or third-party WiFi devices
- The firmware of your Linksys Velop is outdated
- Your Linksys Velop is not getting continuous power supply
- Linksys Velop is placed away from the reach of your modem
So, these were some reasons why you are facing Linksys Velop keeps disconnecting issue. Now, let’s get to know how to fix it!
How to Fix Linksys Velop Keeps Disconnecting Issue?
Have a quick glance at the troubleshooting fixes given below to troubleshoot Linksys Velop keeps disconnecting issue:
Change the WiFi Settings of Your Linksys Velop
Having default settings on your Linksys Velop mesh system may conflict with another mesh system within the same area. So, in order to fix Linksys Velop keeps disconnecting issue, it is advised to change its default SSID and password. Here’s how to do so:
- Login to Linksys router using an up-to-date internet browser.
- Once you are logged in successfully, locate and click on the WiFi settings section.
- Now, enter the WiFi network name and password.
- Choose the Security and the WiFi mode.
- Click on Apply to save the changes.
Your Linksys Velop WiFi mesh system will restart automatically. Now, reconnect all your WiFi devices to the Linksys Velop system and start streaming the internet all over your house.
Reduce WiFi Interference
On the off chance if you are still facing Linksys Velop keeps disconnecting issue, check the factors given below to rectify the issue:
Placement of Your Linksys Velop: Keep your Linksys Velop away from thick walls, corners, and windows. Also, it is suggested, not to place your Linksys Velop WiFi mesh system inside a cabinet or under a table. And once you’re done with Linksys router setup, position it at the center and higher location in your home.
2.4 GHz Interference: Chances are that your Linksys Velop WiFi mesh system might be operating on the same frequency as that of your neighboring devices. So, to make the most out of your Linksys Velop system, switch to the less-congested wireless channel of your device.
Update the Firmware of Your Linksys Velop
Another effective way to fix Linksys Velop keeps disconnecting issue is to update the firmware on your device. Here’s how to update the firmware on your Linksys Velop WiFi mesh system:
- Turn on your Linksys Velop and connect it to your modem.
- Switch on a PC or laptop.
- Visit the official site of Linksys.
- Download the firmware file of your Linksys Velop WiFi mesh system on your PC or laptop.
- Log in to Linksys Velop.
- Locate and click on the Connectivity option.
- Click on Choose File > Start button.
- At last, click on Yes to get the latest firmware updated on your Linksys Velop.
That’s how you can update the latest firmware on your Linksys Velop WiFi system.
We hope that this piece of writing has helped you out in fixing the Linksys Velop keeps disconnecting issue. If you are still experiencing the same issue, contact our competent experts right away via comments.