The SBI CBO stands for SBI Circle-Based Officers. The CBO post in banks is similar to the assistant manager post. It is a computer-based examination. It is a national-level examination only for Indian citizens. SBI CBO exam has three stages of the selection process, including an online objective test, descriptive test, and interview. The exam is available in two languages, English and Hindi. The objective test of SBI CBO Exam Pattern consists of four subjects: English, Banking, General Awareness, and Computer Aptitude.
Is Work Experience Mandatory to Apply for The SBI CBO Exam?
Yes, work experience is required to apply for the SBI Circle-Based Officer exam. A minimum experience of 2 years as an officer in commercial banks and any other regional bank is required to appear in the examination. The work experience is calculated as of the date 01.12.2021.
Other eligibility criteria to appear for the SBI CBO exam:
The eligibility criteria for SBI CBO is as follows:
- Nationality: Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for the exam. NRIs and people of other nationalities are not eligible for this exam.
- Age limit: The age limit for the SBI CBO exam is 30 years. To be eligible for the 2021-2022 exam, the candidate should not have been born before December 2, 1991, or after December 1, 2000, to be eligible.
Upper Age Limit Relaxation
|A person with disabilities (General)||10 years|
|A person with disabilities (ST/SC)||15 years|
|A person with disabilities (OBC)||13 years|
- Educational qualification: The candidate must be a graduate of a university recognised by the Central Government. There is no minimum percentage available. Anyone can appear for the exam if they have a degree from a recognised university. The percentage for eligibility is calculated based on total marks divided by aggregate maximum marks. The candidates applying for state vacancies also are required to attach their 10th and 12th mark sheet to specify study in local languages.
- Work experience: A minimum of 2 years work experience after academic qualification as of 01.12.2021 is required to apply for the SBI CBO. Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of work experience as an officer in any Regional Rural Bank or Scheduled Commerce Bank.
- Language: The candidates applying from a particular state must know reading, writing, and comprehending their state languages. The state language knowledge can be tested during the selection process. If the candidate fails in the language test, they will not be considered or might get disqualified.
- Others: The candidates having any default record are not eligible for the post. This includes defaults in repayment of loans, credit card dues, etc. The record of the candidate is verified before their joining. The candidates with a bad report regarding their character, morals, ethics are also not eligible for SBI CBO post.
SBI CBO is a government exam that allows you to become a manager. The post is similar to the assistant manager post. However, it is not easy to crack the exam. You are required to have a proper strategy and a plan in place to crack the exam. BYJU’S Exam Prep helps students in understanding the concepts in a structured pattern and crack the exam.
Stay Connected with our education blog & you can write for us about education.