Considering that literally every single person nowadays is working online, getting access to a blazing-fast internet connection has become quite difficult. But, not to worry as we have brought the perfect solution to put an end to your internet-related issues. And that is, performing Netgear router setup.
For those of you who are wondering how to setup Netgear Nighthawk router, this article will provide you with all the guidelines that you need. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get the ball in your court, shall we?
Different Methods to Set Up Netgear Nighthawk Router
Here, we’ll provide you with two different methods through which can set up your Netgear WiFi router:
- By acessing the routerlogin.net web page
- By using the Netgear Nighthawk app
Steps to Set Up Netgear Router by Accessing Routerlogin.net
The first way through which you can set up your Netgear WiFi router is by acessing routerlogin.net administrative page. This means that you have to access the web user interface of your device.
Here are the instructions that you need to follow in order to access routerlogin.net to set up your Netgear Nighthawk router:
- First of all, place your home router close to the modem.
- Power on your Netgear router after plugging it into a wall socket.
- Connect the router with the modem with an Ethernet cable.
- You can also connect both your WiFi devices wirelessly.
- Then, switch on your laptop.
- You can also make use of a computer if you prefer.
- Open a web browser of your choice.
Note: Make sure that whichever web browser you’re is up-to-date.
- Enter routerlogin.net in its address bar.
- Do not forget to press the Enter key.
- The Netgear router login page will appear.
Note: If you are unable to access the web user interface of your router by using routerlogin.net, then it is recommended that you make use of the default IP address.
- Fill in the default username and password.
- Click on the Log In button to proceed further.
- The Basic Home screen will appear on your desktop.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
And with that, you’ve successfully set up your Netgear Nighthawk router by accessing the routerlogin.net administrative page.
Steps to Set Up WiFi Router by Using the Netgear Nighthawk App
The second way through which you can set up a router and access a blazing-internet connection is by downloading the Netgear Nighthawk application.
Note: To set up your Netgear router, you cannot download Nighthawk App for PC. The reason being, the Netgear Nighthawk application only operates on Android and Mac devices.
Follow the step-by-step guidelines mentioned below to set up your router using the Netgear Nighthawk app:
- Unlock your mobile device and connect it to the router.
- Make sure that you’re connecting to the right network.
- Then, go to the Google Play Store or App Store.
Note: In case of an Android, go to the Google Play Store and if you are using a Mac or Apple device, then open the App Store.
- After searching for the Netgear Nighthawk app, click on the Download button.
- Wait patiently for the application to get installed.
- Once the app get installed, create a Netgear account.
- Enter the required default login username and password of your WiFi router.
- Feel free to refer to the Netgear manual for the default login credentials.
- The Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will appear on your desktop screen.
- Go through the on-screen prompts to finish the setup process.
If you follow these instructions carefully, you’ll surely be set up Netgear Nighthawk router with ease. If not, then it is recommended that you get in touch with our highly qualified technicnas for immediate assistance.