Netgear EX6400 AC1900 WiFi mesh extender is the first name that comes to mind when we talk about getting internet everywhere in the home. The extender intensifies the current wireless range, boosts its speed, as well as reduces interference. Once you are done with the Netgear EX6400 setup, all dead zones in your home will be turned into fun zones.
What’s more, the extender can be easily set up in two modes, i.e. Extender Mode and Access Point Mode. This post will let you know how to install the Netgear EX6400 mesh extender in the Access Point Mode. Let’s get the ball rolling.
What is Access Point?
Before we dig a little deeper to the Netgear extender installation process, let’s first tell you about the access point. In order to make the extender working in the Access Point mode, you need to set up a wired connection. Basically, when working as an access point, the Netgear EX6400 AC1900 WiFi mesh extender creates a new WiFi hotspot by making use of a wired Ethernet connection.
The main benefit of using the extender in the access point mode is that there is no loss of the internet connection.
Steps to Install Netgear EX6400 as an Access Point
Walk through the below-mentioned instructions to set up your Netgear AC1900 EX6400 WiFi mesh extender in the Access Point mode:
- Grab an Ethernet cable and use it to connect your Netgear extender EX6400 to the home WiFi router.
- Next, put your Netgear AC1900 mesh extender EX6400 on power.
- Be sure to turn your router on as well.
- After switching on your computer, open an internet browser on it.
- Type mywifiext.net in the URL bar and hit the Enter key.
- Now, click on the New Extender Setup button.
- Create an account using your email ID and click Next.
- On the next appearing screen, hit the Access Point option.
- Set the network name or SSID, password, and security settings for the extended network.
- Click on the Next button.
- As soon as you are done with applying the settings, connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the Netgear AC1900 EX6400 mesh extender’s SSID.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Now, hit the Next button to complete the Netgear EX6400 setup.
Done! In this way, you can install the Netgear AC1900 EX6400 mesh extender as an access point. The default name of the extended network is the Netgear_ext SSID. You need to connect all your devices to this SSID and get rid of WiFi blind spots.
Still Can’t Set up Your EX6400 Extender?
Worry not! We have got you covered! Here, we have also provided the DIY troubleshooting tactics to fix the common Netgear EX6400 AC1900 mesh setup-related issues. Check them out:
- Be certain that the Netgear EX6400 WiFi mesh extender is powered on.
- The extender should receive constant power supply from the main socket.
- If you can’t log in to your Netgear AC1900 mesh extender, cross-check the web address you are making use of. Maybe it has typing mistakes due to which you are unable to access the login web page.
- Bring only an updated web browser into play to log in to your extender.
- Delete cache, cookies, as well as browsing history from the browser you use for accessing the Netgear EX6400 setup wizard.
- Try using another browser to ensure that the login issue is not related to your current browser.
- Check all cable connections; they should be finger-tight and accurate.
- Verify whether all cables are not damaged.
So, by following the aforementioned troubleshooting tips, you can easily set up and install your Netgear AC1900 EX6400 extender as an access point.