As businesses strive to create more engaging and interactive events, the use of virtual event hosting platforms is on the rise. A virtual event hosting platform allows you to manage all aspects of your event from one central location.
When planning your next event, consider using a virtual event hosting platform to make the process easier and more engaging for everyone involved. Here’s what you need to know about implementing a virtual event hosting platform:
Choose the Right Platform
There are many different virtual events hosting platforms available on the market, so it’s essential to choose one that will fit the needs of your particular event. Consider factors such as:
Cost is often a deciding factor when choosing a virtual event hosting platform. Some platforms are free to use, while others charge a monthly or annual fee. Be sure to consider the cost of any add-ons or upgrades that you may need to get the most out of the platform.
Features are another important consideration when choosing a virtual event hosting platform. Some platforms offer basic features such as event registration and management, while others include more advanced features such as live streaming, chat capabilities, and game integration.
Choose a platform that offers the features you need to make your event a success.
Ease of Use
Ease of use is an essential consideration for any software, but it’s vital when choosing a virtual event hosting platform. The platform should be easy to use so that you can focus on planning and executing your event rather than troubleshooting technical issues.
Customer support is an important consideration when choosing any software, but it’s crucial when selecting a virtual event hosting platform. The platform you choose should offer 24/7 customer support in case you have any questions or run into any problems while using the platform.
Set Up Your Account and Create Your Event
Once you’ve chosen a platform, you’ll need to set up an account and create your event. Be sure to provide all of the relevant information about your event, including the date, time, location, and agenda.
There are a few key factors to consider when setting up your account and creating your event:
The first factor to consider is the type of event you’re hosting. There are three main types of events:
- Webinars: Webinars are events that are conducted online, typically via video conference. They can be used for educational or informational purposes and usually last between 60 and 90 minutes.
- Virtual Conferences: Virtual conferences are similar to webinars, but they usually last multiple days and include multiple sessions. They can be used for educational or networking purposes and often include keynote speakers, breakout sessions, and Exhibit Halls.
- Virtual Trade Shows: Virtual trade shows are events that showcase products or services from exhibitors. They can be used for marketing or sales purposes and usually include an Exhibit Hall where attendees can browse booths and learn more about the products on display.
The second factor to consider is the purpose of your event. There are four main types of events:
- Educational: Educational events are designed to teach attendees new information. They can be used for training, development, or continuing education purposes and often include presentations, workshops, and panel discussions.
- Networking: Networking events are designed to help attendees meet new people and build relationships. They can be used for business or social purposes and usually include networking activities, such as speed networking or icebreaker games.
- Marketing: Marketing events are designed to promote a product, service, or brand. They can be used for awareness, lead generation, or sales purposes and often include demonstrations, product launches, and keynote speeches.
- Sales: Sales events are designed to generate revenue. They can be used for new customer acquisition or upselling/cross-selling purposes and usually include presentations, pitches, and closing activities.
The third factor to consider is the format of your event. There are four main types of events:
- Live: Live events are conducted in real-time, and attendees must be present at the event to participate. They can be used for any purpose and usually include live streaming, chat features, and Q&A sessions.
- On-Demand: On-demand events are recorded before the event date, and attendees can watch the event at their convenience. They can be used for any purpose and often include downloadable resources, such as slideshows or PDFs.
- Hybrid: Hybrid events are a combination of live and on-demand content, and attendees can choose to participate in the event either in real-time or at their convenience. They can be used for any purpose and usually include both live and on-demand elements, such as live streaming with recorded playback available afterward.
The fifth factor to consider is the technology you will use for your event. There are four main types of event technology:
- Live Streaming: Live streaming allows attendees to watch the event in real-time from any location with an internet connection. It can be used for any purpose and usually includes a live video feed of the event.
- Webcasting: Webcasting allows attendees to watch the event at their convenience from any location with an internet connection. It can be used for any purpose and often includes recorded video and audio of the event.
- Teleconferencing: Teleconferencing allows attendees to participate in the event by phone from any location. It can be used for any purpose and typically includes a live audio feed of the event.
Invite Attendees and Promote Your Event
After you’ve created your event, it’s time to invite attendees and promote your event. You can use:
- Social Media: You can use the platform’s built-in tools to post about your event on social media.
- Email: You can use the platform’s built-in tools to send email invitations to your attendees.
- Website: You can use the platform’s built-in tools to create a website for your event.
Interact With Attendees During the Event
During your event, use the platform’s features to interact with attendees in real-time. For example, you can use the chat feature to answer questions or address concerns.
Be sure to monitor the event chat throughout your event. This will ensure that you can promptly answer any questions or address any concerns that attendees may have. Additionally, be prepared to assist if attendees experience technical difficulties.
Follow Up After the Event
After your event has ended, be sure to follow up with attendees. You can use the platform’s built-in tools to send post-event surveys or feedback forms. You can also use social media to post about your event and encourage attendees to share their photos and videos.
By using a virtual event hosting platform, you can make the process of planning and hosting your next event easier and more engaging for everyone involved.