TP Link WiFi range extenders have made it easy for its users to enjoy the seamless internet connectivity. For, lag-free internet experience, you have to set it up first. But, hold on! TP Link extender setup process can be a rocket science for newbies. Need not to worry! Here, in this article, we are going to sum up some effective ways that will make you learn how to set up the TP Link range extender in no time.
Configuring the extender using the default http://tplinkrepeater.net web address will help you fill in the dead zones in your home. But, make sure you follow and apply the configuration steps in exact given order. Otherwise, improper configuration may ruin your internet experience.
While TP Link WiFi extenders are very easy to use, yet 90% of users find it a daunting task to configure it. If you are also sailing on the same boat, here’s how to set up TP Link extender on the fly.
Let’s dive in!
How to Set Up TP Link WiFi Manually?
- First things first, plug your TP Link WiFi range extender into a working wall outlet. Once you are done, turn it on.
- During the initial TP Link extender setup, it is recommended to place it closer to your existing router. Once the configuration process gets completed, you can relocate the extender as per your preferences.
- Now, grab an Ethernet cable. Connect your TP Link extender to your router. To avoid any issues during the configuration process, it is recommended to use an Ethernet cable that is in working condition and free from cuts and dusts.
- Turn on your PC or laptop. Make sure that the software of the device is up-to-date.
- Thereafter, open an internet browser as per your liking. Ensure that you aren’t using an outdated browser. The reason being, http://tplinkrepeater.net web address does not work on an outdated internet browser.
- Type the extender’s default web address carefully in the browser’s URL bar.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to tplinkrepeater.net login page.
- Fill in the default TP Link WiFi extender login credentials into the required fields.
- Click Log In.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and configure your WiFi range extender with great ease.
That’s it! In this manner, you can complete the TP Link extender setup process. If you found the manual method a bit tricky, use the tether app to get the job done.
Don’t know how to use the tether app to configure your WiFi range extender? No worries! Just follow the instructions highlighted below.
How to Set up the Extender Using Tether App?
Highlighted below are the steps required that you need to follow in order to set up your TP Link WiFi range extender using the Tether app. So, without much delay, let’s get started, shall we?
- First of all, make sure that the WiFi range extender and your existing router are placed in close proximity.
- Provide both the devices a steady power supply.
- Ensure that the LEDs on your router and the extender are stable.
- Connect your router to the WiFi range extender using an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on an Android or an iOS device.
- Login with your TP Link extender ID. If you haven’t registered yet, first register and then login. Make sure that you have an active internet connection. Otherwise, you will fail to log in.
- Follow the extender setup instructions provided on-screen.
- Confirm and apply the extender settings.
- Unplug your TP Link WiFi range extender and move it to a location of your choice. But, make sure that the extender is placed within range and reach of your router.
- Connect all your devices to the new extended WiFi network.
- Enjoy streaming videos, playing online games, online shopping, downloading stuff from the internet, etc. without any hassle.
Bonus: Tether app will also provide you TP Link troubleshooting tips along with steps to configure your range extender (if you face any issues while configuring your range extender).
So, here ends our article on how to set up the TP Link WiFi range extender. We hope that this article has helped you make your TP Link extender up and running? Please share the feedback with us!