“I’m tired of seeing the LED on my Netgear Orbi device (router & satellite) blink blue. What I don’t understand is, why am I even facing this issue when I successfully configured my wireless device? Is there anything that I did wrong? Can you help me fix the issue?”
Well, the reason why you are facing the Netgear Orbi blue light issue might not necessarily be because of something that you did. It might be because of technical glitches, corrupted firmware, loose cable connections, and many other reasons. Don’t blame yourself and think about how you can get rid of the issue. Once this problem is resolved, you can easily access the Orbi router login page. Well, in order to stop the LED on your Orbi device from blinking blue, walk through the troubleshooting hacks mentioned below.
Fixed: Netgear Orbi Blinking Blue
- Reboot Your Orbi Router
As we mentioned earlier, you might be facing the Netgear Orbi blue light issue because of technical glitches. To get rid of these glitches, try rebooting your device. Here’s how to give your Orbi router a restart:
- Disconnect your Orbi router from the existing modem.
- Power off the router and unplug it from its electrical socket.
- Wait for some time.
- Thereafter, plug your device back into the wall socket.
- Do not forget to turn your Orbi router on.
Now, check whether the LED on your Netgear Orbi device such as router and satellite is still blinking blue. If it is, take the help of the next troubleshooting tip.
- Update Firmware
You can also try updating the software of your device to fix the Netgear Orbi blue light problem. To update your Orbi router, follow these instructions step-by-step.
- Connect your Netgear Orbi router to your existing wireless modem.
- Switch on your computer.
- Open a web browser like Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera, Google Chrome, or any other browser you have.
- Type orbilogin.com in the address bar of the browser.
- Press Enter.
- After a few seconds, you will be taken to the official login page of your Orbi device.
- When prompted, input the default login credentials.
- Click Log In.
- Head over to the Settings menu and select the Maintenance option.
- Click Firmware Update.
- Go through the on-screen prompts.
In this manner, you will be able to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router to the latest version. If you are still struggling with the blue light issue, it might be because your cable connections are loose.
- Check Cable Connections
You were wondering what might have went wrong from your end that led you to the Netgear Orbi blue light issue, isn’t it? Well, maybe you left your cable connections unchecked.
But, worry not. To rectify your mistake, make sure that all your cable connections are finger-tight. Also, if any of your cables are worn out, get them replaced immediately.
- Reset Orbi Router
If, unfortunately, none of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips help you get rid of the Netgear Orbi blue light issue, then it’s high time to reset Orbi satellite as well as the router.
In order to reset your Orbi device, follow the below-given steps:
- Look for the Reset button located on your device.
- Grab an oil pin or any other sharp object and insert it in the Reset hole.
- Wait for a couple of seconds until your device doesn’t reboot.
Once you are done resetting your Netgear Orbi router, do not forget to reconfigure it. You can re-install your wireless device using two different methods; using the Orbi app and by accessing the Orbi loginpage.
In case you come across any issues while trying to set up your Orbi, refer to the guidelines given in the user manual. They’ll surely be of some help to you.
Many Netgear Orbi users come across the blue light issue from time to time. If you are facing the same issue, know that there is nothing to worry about. The aforementioned troubleshooting hacks will surely help fix it.