If you are struggling with the Netgear router orange light issue, know that you are not the only one. Users all across the globe have complained about experiencing the same issue with their routers. But, worry not. Like any other technical issue, this one has a solution too. In this article, we have mentioned some of the topmost ways through which you can get rid of the Netgear router orange light issue in a jiffy. So, what are you waiting for? Read on.
Reasons Behind Netgear Router Orange Light Issue
There can be endless reasons why you’re having a hard time with the Netgear router orange light issue. A few of them have been listed by us below:
- You haven’t updated the firmware of your wireless router via routerlogin.net
- The Ethernet cable connecting your router and the existing modem is damaged.
- The signals of your device are getting interfered with because of electronic devices, metal objects, reflexive surfaces, and transmitting appliances.
- Technical glitches can also be one of the contributing factors why your Netgear router is blinking orange.
Now that you are well aware of the reasons why you are struggling with the Netgear router orange light issue, follow the troubleshooting tips mentioned below to get rid of it:
Fixed: Netgear Router Orange Light Issue
- Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Start by updating the firmware of your Netgear wireless router via www.routerlogin.net Updating the firmware of your device will not only fix bugs and technical glitches but also enhance its overall performance. So, follow the steps mentioned below and learn how to perform Netgear router firmware update:
- Switch on your laptop and launch a web browser on it.
- In the address bar of the web browser, type routerlogin net.
- Press the Enter key.
- Once the Netgear router login page appears, enter the default admin details.
- Click Log In.
- Go to Settings and select Maintenance.
- Click Firmware Update.
Are you still going nuts because of the Netgear router orange light issue? Well, keep reading in that case.
- Reboot Your Netgear Router
Sometimes, all that a device needs in order to troubleshoot technical issues is a simple restart. Therefore, follow the instructions outlined below and get to know how to reboot your Netgear wireless router:
- Unplug your Netgear router from the power source.
- Wait for some time.
- Then, plug your Netgear router back into the power outlet.
Although rebooting your device will help you say goodbye to the orange light issue, however, if it doesn’t, then give the next troubleshooting hack a try.
- Keep WiFi Interference at Bay
Chances are that the WiFi signals of your Netgear router are getting interfered with. Therefore, make sure that your device is placed away from cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, treadmills, televisions, microwave ovens, refrigerators, mirrors, and fish tanks.
Also, avoid placing your router in corners and near thick concrete walls.
- Reset Your Netgear WiFi Router
Did nothing work in favor to troubleshoot the Netgear router orange light issue? Well, then sadly, you are left with no other option than to reset your device. Here are the guidelines you need to follow to do so:
- Look for the Reset button located on your Netgear wireless router.
- Once found, carefully press it using a paper clip.
- Wait for a few seconds.
Once you are done resetting your Netgear WiFi router, access the Netgear router login page, and reconfigure it.
Hopefully, the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this post will help you get rid of the Netgear router orange light issue. In case you have any tips that can be implemented to fix the same, consider dropping them in the comment section. We would love to learn something new.