You may come across several errors while using the Microsoft Outlook application. Of which, some are extremely annoying and difficult to handle. One such error is the “not implemented” error in Outlook. This error is quite rare to occur and that’s why the users get confused on its occurrence. It mainly occurs when you click on the send/receive option in Outlook and this indicates that there is some issue with MS Outlook. Therefore, you must resolve it at the earliest. To help you do so, we have listed some of the effective troubleshooting solutions ahead in this blog.
Why Do I End Up With Outlook Error Code “Not Implemented?”
As mentioned, there are several reasons that may bring forth the “not implemented error in Outlook.” We have listed the major ones below:
- Faulty Outlook Add-ins
- Messed up Send / Receive Settings (Damaged SRS file)
- Improper Integration of Outlook with Anti-virus program
- Damaged Outlook Profile
- Damaged Outlook Installation
- Corrupt Outlook PST file
Common Fixes To Resolve “Not Implemented” Error In Outlook
Below we have mentioned some of the common troubleshooting solutions by following which you will be able to resolve Outlook not implemented error.
Method 1: Launch Outlook in Safe Mode & disable Add-ins
In general, Outlook add-ins are installed to enhance the functionality. But, more than that, they are known to cause problems. Outlook performance can be harmed by bugged or corrupted add-ins. Thus, if you have installed any add-ins in your MS Outlook application, make sure to disable it:
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- There, type in the command outlook /safe to start Outlook in safe mode and press the Enter key. It will help you disable Outlook for all add-ins.
- Then, navigate to Outlook Options and from there, select Add-ins option followed by Go. It will open a dialogue box where all the installed add-ins will be displayed.
- Further, unmark all add-in names to disable them.
- Once done, try send/receive, or reply/forward and see, if it works. If it does, it means you have identified the issue.
- At last, try to enable the add-ins one by one. Besides, re-check send/receive or reply/forward every time to spot the faulty add-in.
Method 2: Correct Send/Receive Settings by recreating SRS file
MS Outlook has a file named the SRS file that stored all your preferences and personal Send/Receive settings. If any damage occurs in this file, you may end up with Outlook error code “not implemented”. In that case, you have to reset all SRS file settings by recreating it. For doing so, proceed with the below-given steps:
- Follow the given file path to open the folder: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook Not Implemented
- Further, make sure to rename the Outlook. Srs files to Outlook. Srs. old
- Now, recreate the SRS file automatically by restarting the Outlook application.
- At last, make sure to check if the send/receive works.
Method 3: Disable Anti-virus Program
You would have been advised to install a reliable anti-virus on your system. At times, such applications are configured to scan all emails that are being sent or received. It can even result in delay, hanging, or interruption of the send/receive process. Therefore, what you may do is try to disable the anti-virus setting that scans outgoing and incoming emails.
Method 4: Recreate Outlook Profile
Amongst all the causes, messed up Outlook profile is one of the reasons that result in Outlook not implemented error. To fix this, you need to create recreate a new profile by following the below-stated steps:
- Click on the Windows icon and go to Control Panel.
- From there, select the “Mail” applet and click on “Show Profiles” option.
- Go to the next screen and create a new profile by selecting the Add option.
- At last, try setting up your account either manually or automatically.
Method 5: Repair MS Office Installation
In rarity, you may end up with some issues within the MS Office installation. To resolve this, what you may do is reinstalling Office. The below-mentioned steps will help you in doing so:
- Click on the Windows icon and go to Control Panel.
- From there, select the Uninstall Programs option followed by Microsoft Office> Change.
- It will open up the next window, from there choose Repair> Continue.
Method 6: Repair corrupted Outlook PST
There might be a possibility that none of the above-mentioned solutions will help you resolve the not implemented error in Outlook. In such a scenario, a corrupted PST file can be the reason behind this error. To eliminate this, you have to repair the PST file by using any of the below-mentioned solutions:
- Use ScanPST.exe
There is an inbuilt Inbox repair utility in the Office installation folder of the Microsoft Outlook with the name of ScanPST.exe. It helps you find and fix minor corruptions that are there in the Outlook PST file. This utility is located within and can be launched by double-clicking. Double-click on it to launch it and then, follow the Instructions that appear on your screen to fix PST.
Note: If there is a severe damage in the Outlook PST, then you won’t be able to fix this error by using this utility.
- Use of Stellar Repair for Outlook
If you still couldn’t resolve the not implemented error in Outlook after using ScanPST.exe, it signifies that there is a severe damage in the Outlook PST file. In that case, you shouldn’t wait for much and repair the issue using the Stellar Repair for Outlook software. It is well equipped with powerful scanning and repairing algorithms, and will repair severely corrupted PST file without much trouble.
We hope the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in this blog would have helped you resolve “Not Implemented” Error in Outlook. If the manual methods don’t work, you can always fall back on tried and tested reliable Outlook PST recovery software from Stellar.