The arrival of the monsoon season gives us a refreshing change of weather, but it also increases the danger of infections and diseases. The high percentage of moisture in the environment provides suitable conditions for mosquitoes, viruses, bacteria, fungi, parasites, and microbes to grow. They become active and multiply exponentially. This season also raises humidity levels, which results in dampness and condensation in indoor spaces. It further increases the level of biological pollutants such as viruses, bacteria, molds, mildew, dust mites, and allergens, adversely impacting indoor air quality.
These harmful microorganisms trigger the transmission of multiple diseases, especially in children, senior citizens, and people with asthma, respiratory disorders, chronic health conditions, or weak immune systems. Let’s take a look at common health problems during the monsoon:
- Hepatitis A
- Gastro-intestinal infections
- Viral fever
- Sore throat
The monsoon season also increases the risk of COVID-19 transmission. An IIT Bombay study highlights that humid weather during the rains can worsen the coronavirus spread as compared to the hot and dry areas where droplets from coughing and sneezing dry off quickly, curbing the risk of further spread.
Ways to Stay Safe
Here are general do’s and don’ts to safeguard yourself against monsoon infections and diseases:
- Eat freshly cooked foods
- Avoid raw foods and exposed street foods
- Include immunity-boosting foods in your diet
- Stay hydrated by sipping on warm water and healthy fluids
- Use mosquito repellent creams and nets
- Maintain hygiene in your surroundings
- Sanitize your hands frequently
- Wear masks in both indoor and outdoor public spaces
Apart from the precautionary measures mentioned above, you should also pay close attention to drinking water and indoor air quality.
Ensure that the water you drink is treated with a water purifier. It is important to consider the source of water when choosing a water filter for your home. A RO water purifier is suitable when water comes from underground sources such as borewells because it is likely to have a high TDS level, making it hard and unpalatable. If the water is supplied by the municipality, the UV water purifier is better. Research shows that UV is effective against all water-borne pathogens.
As far as indoor air quality is concerned, especially in enclosed public spaces like hospitals, clinics, retail showrooms, malls, offices, banks, schools, and airports, it is crucial to safeguard the health of employees and customers. This is because the risk of transmission of air-borne diseases such as influenza and coronavirus is higher. A study in Japan found that the risk of COVID-19 infection transmission is 18.7 times greater in closed environments.
Hence, it is necessary to inactivate these harmful microorganisms to improve indoor air quality and prevent people from air-borne infections. You can consider the UVGI air purification system for your HVAC units. Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) technology can destroy viruses, bacteria, and mold that grow on the HVAC system’s moist interiors, such as cooling coils, ductwork, and drain pans.
UVC, a natural component of sunlight, can kill the RNA and DNA of viral, bacterial, and fungal microorganisms. ASHRAE has recognized that the UVC wavelength inactivates virtually all microorganisms living on HVAC surfaces—depending on the intensity of the UV-C and the length of exposure. UVC air disinfection is an inexpensive, chemical-free, and safe technology.
Alfaa UV Products to Safeguard Against Indoor Air-borne Diseases
Alfaa UV offers the following solutions for UV disinfection of air for HVAC systems:
Ultra Coil: It kills microorganisms and doesn’t allow the biofilm to grow. A clean coil reduces pressure drop across the coil, increasing thermal efficiency, decreasing the load on the chiller, and reducing the microbial count.
Ultra Duct: This is installed in the supply or return ducts, offering single-pass disinfection of airborne bacteria and viruses. It improves air quality, increases the lifespan of HEPA filters, eliminates Poor Building Syndrome, and offers several other benefits.
The UltraCoil and UltraDuct UVGI solutions fight viruses to create safer spaces and ensure cleaner cooling coils, resulting in greater efficiency and lower running and maintenance costs.
Alfaa UV Products to Safeguard Against Indoor Water-borne Diseases
If you are looking for a UV industrial or commercial water filter system, you can consider the following three options from Alfaa UV:
1. UV C200
This has a flow rate of 200 LPH with a power consumption of 21 W. The L X B X H dimensions are 400 X 75 X 420.
2. UV C500
This has a flow rate of 500 LPH with a power consumption of 30 W. The L X B X H dimensions are 520 X 75 X 800.
Both these water purifiers have the following specifications:
- 3 Stage UV water purifier
- Advanced Filtration System
- Stainless steel purification chamber
- Can be easily attached to water coolers
The benefits you can avail of Alfaa UV water purifiers are:
- Reliable and consistent UV disinfection efficiency
- High quality and affordability
- Simple installation and maintenance. Compact units requiring minimum space.
- Easily adaptable to varied site conditions.
- Stainless Steel purification chamber
- Quartz glass technology for superior UV transmission
- Comes with an Advanced Filtration System
3. Ecostream Lite
It has the following features:
- High-grade SS304L chambers
- Advanced power supply
- Validated by CFD technology
- Superior quality genuine quartz
If you are considering buying a home water purifier, Alfaa UV’s ‘Ewater’ series is a good option. This series is among the top UV water purifier brands for residential use. The benefits you can get from Alfaa UV water purifier are:
- It goes through a 5-step purification system to remove physical, suspended, organic, and microbiological impurities like viruses and bacteria.
- It provides clean, pure, and safe drinking water without losing precious minerals or wasting water.
- It offers other exclusive features stainless steel purification chamber and flosteerTM technology for foolproof purification.
- It is ideal for purifying municipal supplied water and usage with loft tanks/low water pressure conditions.
Alfaa UV has been awarded the prestigious UNESCO Water Digest Award 2014-15 in the category “Best Domestic UV Water Purifier”, for its products Ewater and SPARKLE UV Water Purifiers. Ewater 5-stage UV water purifier from Alfaa UV has also been conferred with the ‘Design Excellence Award 2015’ by CMO Asia in Singapore.
Alfaa UV also offers timely and dependable after-sales service to ensure the high quality and purity of water.
If you need more information, get in touch with Alfaa UV at +91-86579 23938.