Our goal is to write amazing press for you! Our writers use this questionnaire as the primary source of inspiration.
To ensure that you receive the best possible press we need you to fill out the questionnaire as fully and accurately as possible. We are not responsible for outdated/ incorrect information or missing information so please review your questionnaire carefully before you submit it.
- What is the name of the person(s) and/or band these articles are for?
sketchmesome (all lowercase)
- Do you have a preferred title (artist, producer, rapper, etc.) that you’d like us to use?
- Why should people read about you? What story do you have to tell? What makes you stand out?
I started music around 3 years ago and was initially extremely passionate about rapping, however over time I became more versatile in what type of music I make, not constricted to a specific genre. My story aims to inspire other people, who are constantly shut down about wanting to pursue their dreams, whether by other people or even by the thoughts in their own head. With my story, I want to prove that you can truly do anything by yourself and that at the end of the day, you are your biggest critic, regardless of how cliche it may come off, it is true. I truly believe you cannot rely on other people supporting you and more often than not people will shut you down but you have to keep going, as you should be your own biggest fan. As an example, when I first started I needed to get instrumentals. I learned how to play instruments, even on a basic level. The same goes with producing from beginning to end, I do it all by myself. My goal is to break barriers of genre as I believe it can be too restricting. My motto is to simply make music that I love to listen to and I believe that’s essential.
- What are some notable career highlights? (Awards, recognition, accomplishments, etc.)
- 500k on my single FALLBACK
- Over 1 million streams over the course of 6 months across all music platforms
- A feature on track of a notable artist Nessly
- Featured on Our Generation Music on Instagram (@ourgenerationmusic)
- Reached 100k monthly listeners
- What were the biggest challenges you’ve faced and how did you overcome them?
As an up and coming artist, one of the biggest challenges I have faced was that people have not taken me seriously. In the age of social media, popularity is the main indicator of success, so when I started I received a lot of backlash and people would genuinely be surprised when hearing my music, as they did not expect anything good since I was not yet established. To overcome that, I had to really focus on my branding and absolutely everything had to be on point, starting from cover artwork to instagram posts. The second biggest challenge was feeling overwhelmed with the amount of work I had to do for every track. SInce i do everything myself, starting from producing to cover artwork and promotion, it is very easy to get discouraged as you have to do an insane amount of work for every track you release. The only way I overcame it is just simply powering through it. Whenever I get too overwhelmed, I like to step away for a second and let myself breathe to remind myself of why I do what I do in the first place. Another one of the challenges is losing inspiration. What I mean by that is that when I make a great track, when starting a new song I can easily lose inspiration as I give it my all to every track I make and often put too much pressure on myself. In those moments, I need to ground myself and remember that the only thing that matters is my passion and at the end of the day, if I give it my all it will be worthwhile.
- What wisdom would you want to share with others? What lessons can people learn from you?
I think one of the biggest lessons I have learned as an artist is that you have to translate your passion into the music you make. Your primary focus has to be on making an amazing track and experimenting, overall having fun with it. The focus should not be making a song aiming for it to become a success, as in making a song in a specific genre or copying a certain artist to blow it up. I believe that if you focus on your passion and enjoy making music, the success will inevitably follow. And you should also remember that you are unique. It is very easy to get lost in seeing famous artists and wanting to replicate their genre or sound but you should stop yourself and focus on finding that one thing that makes you different from everyone.
- Where do you see yourself/your brand in a few years? What are some of your dreams and aspirations?
Primarily, I want to go on tour and travel the world. I currently live in Europe and would love to showcase my music and passion in the US where the industry thrives, specifically would love to move to LA as after visiting i fell in love with the weather and culture, as well as the fact that it is the epicenter of the music industry itself. Further, I want to host concerts and create a few music videos as I have not had a chance to do that yet. Lastly, as I am an independent artist with my own label LANES records, I would love to prominently establish it and sign artists, overall make it a successful label.
- What angle or focus for these articles that you would like to see?
I would love the primary focus to be on what I aim to be for people, what story I want to tell. So basically, my main motivations in making music and my passion.
- Provide 2 to 3 potential title ideas if you’d like.
If you could come up with new ones based on the information provided, it would be great. Please do not copy the existing articles titles and come up with something original
- Is there information you do NOT want to be included in these articles?
Please don’t include current monthly listeners, apart from past achievements (reached 100k)
- What is your goal with this press?
- Spread awareness of my brand and inspire people all over the world with my music and my work ethic.
- Open further doors for connections with others.
- Please provide direct links to all social media accounts you want to be included in the articles.
- Please share links to any previous press coverage.