As you are reading this post, chances are that you might have come across the areas in your home that have a mere internet connection. But, the good news is that by installing a Netgear WiFi range extender, you can boost the WiFi signals of your home router to a great extent. You will also get benefit of an increased WiFi speed after setting up a Netgear extender.
However, sometimes, a single extender is insufficient to cater to your internet-related needs and you’re left with dead zones in your home. In that case, you might have thought about setting up a second Netgear extender that will amplify the existing WiFi signals and transmit them to more spaces.
But, the question arises, is it possible to use 2 Netgear range extenders at the same time? Well, it is. It completely depends on your internet-related needs and preferences. With the help of some smart moves and intelligent techniques, you can use 2 Netgear WiFi range extenders at the same time. What are those techniques? Let’s find out.
Techniques to Use 2 Netgear Extenders at Same Time
Here are the points to keep in mind while setting up a second Netgear extender:
- Check for the Dead Zones
It is quite important to survey the dead zones in your home that are not in the coverage of your previous extender. So, walk not only through your rooms but also through balconies and yards where you receive nearly zero WiFi coverage. Installing the second Netgear extender in that place will turn the dead zones into fun zones.
- Choose the Optimal Location
No matter whether you are setting up the first Netgear extender or second, the correct placement is necessary. So, do not choose the room where signal strength is satisfactory as it doesn’t need any extender. In addition, avoid placing your extender in corners or near concrete walls, devices emitting radio-waves, reflexive surfaces, and metal objects.
Now that you’re done with the placement of your second Netgear extender, it is time to perform its setup process. So, let’s have a look at the process of installing the second Netgear extender by accessing the mywifiext page.
How to Set Up a Netgear Range Extender?
- Connect your Netgear WiFi range extender to a working electrical outlet and press the Power button.
- Let the power LED on your Netgear extender glow green.
- Now, connect your second Netgear extender to the existing wireless network.
- Once done, switch on your computer and launch aweb browser.
- Go to the address bar of the web browser and type www.mywifiext.net into it.
- Press the Enter key.
- Enter the default admin details of your Netgear extender when prompted to login.
- Click the Log In button.
- You will get welcomed by the Netgear Genie dashboard.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions and complete the Netgear extender setup process.
In this way, you can set up a second Netgear extender and extend the WiFi coverage in your home. But, if you are worried that installing a second extender will dampen the performance of the previous one, keep the following points in mind to make the best use of both extenders:
Tips to Successfully Use 2 Netgear Extenders
- Configure your Netgear extender as an access point to make it work efficiently.
- The SSID of your Netgear extender should not be the same as your existing network name. So, you need to change the extender’s SSID by accessing mywifiext.net
The Bottom Line
Accessing a blazing-fast internet connection in every corner of the home is a challenge but you can win this challenge by setting up 2 Netgear extenders. We hope that we have cleared all your doubts regarding the usage of 2 Netgear extenders at the same time.