Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the IBPS RRB exam for the post of Clerical Cadre to recruit eligible candidates in all the Regional Rural Banks across the country. It is a national-level examination. Many aspirants eagerly wait for this examination every year for various reasons like job security, work-life balance, working hours, attractive salary package, and many other perks and facilities offered by the institution. However, cracking this exam requires a lot of effort and focus, so the candidates need to have vast knowledge as well as concentration to get success in one go.
Lucrative Salary Package offered by RRB Clerk
One of the main factors due to which a large number of candidates apply for the post of clerical cadre in Regional Rural Banks every year is their lucrative salary package along with various allowances, perks, and facilities offered to the employees. The salary range of an IBPS RRB Clerk is between Rs. 19,000 – Rs. 22,000. The pay scale for the clerical posts starts from, Rs, 7200-400/3-8400-500/3-9900-600/4-12,300-700/7-17,200-1300/1-18500-800/1-19,300.
Along with that, there are various perks and allowances with an attractive salary package offered to the employees during their service tenure. The allowances and perks are mentioned below:
- Dearness Allowance – calculated as 46.5% of basic pay.
- House rent Allowance – calculated as 5% – 10% of basic pay.
- Special Allowance – calculated as 7.75% of basic pay.
- Newspaper Allowance.
- Travelling Allowances.
- Leased Accommodation.
- Medical Insurance.
- Other Allowances.
Job Responsibilities of an IBPS RRB Clerk
If a candidate gets selected as an RRB Clerk and posted in a specific branch of RRB, he will be entrusted with various job responsibilities. The responsibilities bestowed to an RRB Clerk are discussed below:
- Verifying the documents submitted by the customers.
- Providing relevant information about the various facilities and offers of the bank and handling all the queries related to the same.
- They are responsible for opening bank accounts of the customers, cash receipts, and issuing demand drafts.
- They need to handle the emails diligently on behalf of the bank and ensure that the chequebooks are properly delivered to the correct address.
- They have to perform the work related to Data Entry.
- They must provide important information to the rural people and educate them on the latest changes and trends in the government scheme and policies.
Final Suggestions for the Candidates
Candidates who are preparing themselves for getting success in the examination of IBPS RRB Clerk must ensure that they know all the important details about the exam, such as the pattern of the exam, syllabus, eligibility criteria, time duration, and registration process, and many more. Along with these details, it is also essential for the candidates to be well-aware of the salary package of RRB Clerk and the job profile to understand the profession in a better way. So, if you are taking preparation for this banking exam with a desire to get successful, then this article can help you with relevant information about the job salary and duty.