Did you know that about 70% of self-builders choose bricks as the building material for their homes? It has been used as a building material for thousands of years and is still the number one choice of builders. Although it is expensive compared to other building materials such as aluminum sheets, vinyl or wood, people tend to consider factors such as safety and strength while choosing bricks or blocks. There are many other advantages of building houses with blocks. Here are some of these advantages:
- Brick houses are low maintenance. There are no dangers of rotting or rusting. Unlike wooden structures, buildings made of blocks are termite resistant. It is also not mandatory to paint buildings regularly. The durability of blocks for construction work makes them the first choice – convenient and economical.
- Brick is more energy efficient than other building materials. It helps keep indoor spaces cool in the summer and warm during the winter months, helping you lower your electricity bills. Since the blocks can withstand heat efficiently, they provide better fire protection.
- The blocks come in a wide range of colors, finishes, and non-dull textures. That’s why you can use it to create a timeless, elegant look that will only improve with age. Therefore, it will be the perfect material to create your dream home.
- Due to the features such as durability, fire resistance and pest resistance, the amount of insurance premiums is also significantly lower for brick houses as compared to buildings made of other materials. Many homeowners have estimated that over time, this insurance discount will take back the initial cost of purchasing the lot masonry company near me .
- Blocks are the best noise barrier. Block structures can better block noise from the outside than other building materials. By building your house with blocks, you will be able to ensure a calm atmosphere inside your house.
- Because brick homes stay stylish for years, they provide the highest resale value to their owners. By choosing the blocks to make your home, you will be able to make it easier to sell the house in the future. It will also be a profitable property for buyers, who will agree to give a much higher value to your home than those made of other building materials such as aluminum.