Neurology and nephrology sound the same, but they both are very different from each other. Their only similarity is, they both are a field of medical science.
Neurology treats problems related to the brain, nervous system, and spinal cord. Nephrology is concerned with kidney-related problems. It treats problems with medicine. However, urology is the surgical department of nephrology or kidney-related issues.
If you are facing any issues related to the kidney, then you can search for the top urology hospital in Bangalore. The best hospital will be able to provide you with the best treatment.
Discussed here are the differences between neurology and nephrology. If you want to know more about this, then follow the article carefully. However, before anything, take a look at them individually to identify differences.
- What is neurology?
The word ‘’Neuro’’ is related to the neuron, which means nerve, and the word ‘’logia’’ means the study of. So, the term neurology means ‘’the study of neurons’’. The nervous system, including the brain, consists of thousands of neurons. It is responsible for receiving and generating impulses, and neurology treats problems related to it.
- In which condition will you require neurological treatment?
It treats any problems related to the central nervous system, the autonomic nervous system, and the peripheral nervous system. For example, it treats anxiety, migraine, Alzheimer’s, epilepsy, etc.
- What is nephrology?
The word ‘’Nephro’’ is related to the nephron, which is the main component of the kidneys. It helps to purify the blood by excreting all body wastes through the water. Nephrology is concerned with the kidney, which consists of nephrons.
A doctor who studies nephrology is called a nephrologist. They usually treat kidney-related diseases with medicine. The surgical department of nephrology is called urology.
- In which condition will you require nephrological treatment?
Nephrology and urology both treat similar diseases. If the condition is serious and cannot be cured by medicines, then people seek surgical treatment. However, nephrology is divided into two parts.
One division treats adults, and another nephrology department is for pediatrics or kids. Nephrological diseases are UTI or urinary tract infections, kidney stones, acute renal disease, electrolyte disorders, Proteinuria, hematuria, bladder-related problems, etc.
- What are the main differences between neurology and nephrology?
By now, you already know what the differences between them are. We will mention a few main differences again, to make you understand properly.
- The neurology department treats nervous system, spinal cord, and brain-related problems by medicine.
- Another department related to neurology is neurosurgery. It is the same department just for surgical patients.
- The nephrology department treats problems related to kidneys and bladder by medicine.
- The surgical division of nephrology is called urology. If you need surgical treatment, then seek a top urology hospital in Bangalore for the best treatment.
- Neurology treats problems like migraine, Alzheimer’s, insomnia or sleep disorders, anxiety, depression, Parkinson’s, epilepsy, etc. Nephrology treats problems like kidney stones, chronic kidney problems, proteinuria, etc.
These are the basic differences between neurology and nephrology. Urology is also a part of nephrology. However, it treats patients surgically. You can book a top urology hospital in Bangalore for your surgery.
They provide the best treatment and take care of their patients very efficiently. Now, you know the detailed differences between neurology and nephrology. So, you can go to the right department when you face any problem. Hopefully, this article has helped you to understand both medicine departments in detail.