Taking good care of our health is now more important than it ever was before, mainly because of the covid pandemic wreaking havoc around the world. Fortunately, we can now avail different immunity and boosters without much complication. One such important natural health booster is quercetin, which can be availed by maintaining a balanced diet or taking the best quercetin supplement available in the market. In this post, we will take a deeper look at quercetin and get a better understanding of the ways it can be beneficial to us. Therefore, let us get started without further ado.
What Is Quercetin?
Quercetin is a natural health booster that is not just an antihistamine but also an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. This flavonoid or plant pigment can be found in different food and plant items, including green tea, apples, red wine, berries, and onions. Flavonoid compounds give fruits and flower their vibrant colors and can even treat numerous health conditions. For example, quercetin is very effective when it comes to killing cancer cells, reducing swelling, preventing chronic heart diseases, and even controlling the blood sugar level.
Quercetin Canada is the most used to treat different health conditions related to the heart or blood vessels and prevent fatal diseases such as cancer. Furthermore, quercetin can also be used to treat bladder infections, arthritis, and even diabetes. However, there is a lack of scientific evidence to support or justify the use of quercetin in treating these conditions.
Common Sources Of Quercetin
Quercetin can commonly be found in different plant species, especially in the outer layer or peel of the plants. It can also be found in different food items that include:
- Shallots and onions
- Red grapes
- Green and yellow peppers
- Red leaf lettuce
- Cooked asparagus
- Red apples
- Red wine
- Green tea
Additionally, one can leverage different organic and conventional methods of growing food items to increase the concentration of quercetin in them. For instance, tomatoes grown using organic techniques have 79% more quercetin than tomatoes grown using modern techniques. Further research on the subject has shown that consuming coffee can lower the chances of succumbing to Alzheimer’s disease. This is because coffee has quercetin which is the primary ingredient that helps put up a fight against Alzheimer’s.
Health Benefits Of Quercetin
Before consuming any type of supplement, it is important to consult a physician or nutritionist who is familiar with our medical history. This reduces the chances of succumbing to the side effects of different supplements. However, if the experts recommend one to consume quercetin supplement Canada, these are the health benefits that one must keep an eye on.
- Putting Up A Fight Against Free Radicals: As mentioned earlier, quercetin is equipped with the properties of antioxidants. These antioxidants can help our bodies put up a strong fight against the free radicals that can make us more prone to different diseases and even hasten to age. Numerous factors can strengthen the free radicals enabling them to increase in numbers and cause more damage to us. Things like smoking, pollution, greenhouse gases, chemical toxins, and even radiation can strengthen the free radicals in our bodies. Therefore, we need quercetin to keep these free radicals at bay. This flavonoid is a much more effective antioxidant than other nutrients such as beta carotene, vitamin C, or even vitamin E.
- Maintaining The Health Of Blood Vessels: One of the most well-known health benefits of consuming quercetin is that it helps protect our bodies’ blood vessels and cells. As we already know, it helps us fight the free radicals, which simultaneously helps our bodies enhance the strength of the blood vessels. Further, this nutrient can also help us regulate our blood pressure levels as it allows the blood vessels to relax and reduce the risk of falling prey to chronic heart diseases.
- Reducing Inflammation: Our bodies naturally respond to inflammation whenever there is any unprecedented stressor injury. This inflammation helps our bodies to heal at a hastened pace. However, this other type of inflammation is also known as chronic inflammation that can be very harmful to our bodies and even result in some severe health conditions. Quercetin can reduce that inflammation, as studies carried out on animals show that quercetin has helped reduce both chronic and acute inflammation. However, the studies carried out on humans have shown mixed outcomes, but that does not mean that quercetin cannot help reduce inflammation because, in many cases, it has demonstrated efficacy.
- Preventing Cancer: It has been observed in many instances that quercetin is equipped with cancer-fighting properties that can restrict and prevent the cancer tumor from growing and spreading to other parts of the body. Studies have further confirmed that having a diet that is rich in flavonoids such as quercetin can reduce the risk of succumbing to cancer. Therefore, experts recommend that everyone must increase the intake of fruits and vegetables as it can help minimize the risk of many different types of cancer. Even though there have been many studies conducted on the anti-cancer properties of quercetin, there is still much ongoing research that is attempting to learn more about the cancer-fighting properties of quercetin. This is also to ensure that our bodies can tolerate higher doses of quercetin.
- Minimizing The Risk Of Chronic Heart Diseases: The diet that we eat plays a crucial role in reducing the risk of many cardiovascular diseases that include strokes or heart diseases. Therefore, the flavonoid is available in vegetables and fruits in significant quantities, so consuming them can significantly reduce the risk of heart diseases. Further, as mentioned earlier, quercetin can help the body enhance the health of the blood vessel cells, which improves the flow of blood throughout the body and enhances the health of a heart patient.
Quercetin can play a very crucial role in helping our bodies maintain ideal health and enhance the longevity of an individual. The promising health-enhancing properties of quercetin make it very important to include it in our diets and live a better and healthy life.