7 Things that make Silestonea premium Countertop

It’s no secret that Silestone makes for one of the best countertops. It is strong, long-lasting, aesthetic, and easy to clean. While launched 20 years ago, Silestone has only become the preferred countertop for many homeowners in the last six years.

This article will dive into seven things you should know about Silestone. These points could help you make an informed choice when you are out buying countertops. 

Let’s take a look:

Silestone is mostly Quartz

Silestone is made of 94% Quartz, and the rest, 6%, is a mixture of resins and other adhesive. Thanks to its composition, Silestone is scratch-resistant and lasts a long time.

It’s Stain Resistant

Since Silestone is made of Quartz, it’s non-porous and thus easy to clean. There are no openings or crevices in the stone that allow dirt or liquid to collect. With Silestone, you don’t have to worry about stains and smudges from liquids like coffee, wine, oils, and other materials.

It’s Available in a Range of Colours

If you are looking for a countertop that matches the colour of your kitchen, you would like the Silestone. It comes in a range of colours and hues that are uniform throughout, unlike natural stones. You can find an organized collection of Silestone countertop colours here.

If decorations and aesthetics are something on your mind, you won’t go wrong with Silestone. Interior developers go gaga over this countertop for kitchens.

Easy to Maintain

With Silestone, little to no maintenance is required. Silestone does not need to be resealed like Granite or re-sanded like Corian. You buy it once, and it will keep doing its work for years to come.

Since Silestone is mostly Quartz, it also produces a glossy sheen, which takes away the need for regular polishing.

Durable and Long-lasting

The Quartz composition is Silestone helps maintain its structure and finish for years. Silestone is scratch and stain-resistant, which means you just have to wipe it with a soft cloth every once in a while, and it will be as good as new. 

In terms of heat resistance, Silestone can withstand high amounts of heat. But that doesn’t mean you should try putting it to the test. All stones are liable to break if put in rapid and high temperatures. 

Silestone is Versatile

Silestone can be used in a variety of settings, including washrooms, kitchens, dining rooms, and even fireplace surround. It also boasts of international environmental certifications to ensure a safe kitchen, hospital or office. Ref :Silestone Certification

Silestone is Accessible

Silestone is priced at $50 to $100 per square foot. The prices may vary depending on the seasons (prices usually drop during fall and winter) as well as thickness and quality grade. 


If you are looking for a long-lasting, easy-to-maintain countertop for your kitchen that can withstand scratches and stains, Silestone is your best choice.

Besides these benefits, Silestone also comes with ten years of warranty, so you can rest assured. 

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.